You've probably noticed we've got a brand new family of websites for Six Apart, Movable Type, TypePad, and TypeKey. And we've added a LiveJournal section to the Six Apart site.
With the new launch, we know you've probably got some questions, so we've lined up some answers. As always, the thinking behind our relaunch is over at Mena's Corner, and the basics are below.
Q. Why did you redesign the website?
A. We redesigned our site to make it easier for you to find what you are looking for and to enable us to highlight new features, interesting new weblogs, and keep you up to date on what is going on across Six Apart. We now have a whole suite of complementary blogging tools and we hope that bringing everything together under one umbrella will ensure that our site is accessible to both the long-time blogger and those who are just discovering what weblogging is all about.
Q. Whatâ€™s new? Anything special I should check out?
A. Definitely. For starters, check out some the following areas:
- Product Home Pages: TypePad and Movable Type have been given a swanky new look to help you find what you are looking for easily and efficiently and to highlight new features. All the usual stuff is there â€“ including recently updated sites, but we have also added some additional items such as Featured Weblogs, and Case Studies. Check out all the details at each of the product weblogs for TypePad and Movable Type.
- Support: Weâ€™ve got the best support in the business and now you can find it all in one place in our brand new Support Area. We have even posted photos so you now have faces to go along with the helpful emails.
- Case Studies & Featured Weblogs: In addition to our popular Recently Updated sections for both TypePad and Movable Type we have added a Movable Type Case Studies and a TypePad Whatâ€™s a Weblog? section. We are constantly hearing about cool new weblogs and new ways people are using them and we wanted a place to share this information in detail with all of you. Stay tuned for more best practices, whitepapers, tips on weblogging and more.
- Professional Network: The Professional Network is our community for consultants, weblog developers, designers, and experts. If your work depends on knowing the latest information about weblogs, or youâ€™re interested in getting leads to work on the most interesting weblog projects, youâ€™ll want to join the thousands of members whoâ€™ve already signed up for the ProNet community and mailing list. ProNetâ€™s also the home for the new-and-improved Plugins Directory, which is better organized and easier to navigate than ever.
- Partners: Over the past few months we have started to roll out a number of formal partner programs (with more to come). Our new Partners Section tells you how to get onboard and we will keep you updated with all the latest news and information.
Q. The Featured Weblogs, new Case Studies and "What's a Weblog" sections are cool, how do I submit my personal weblog or my companyâ€™s weblog to be highlighted at Six Apart?
Q. What if I have trouble finding something on the site, what should I do?
A. We have done our best to ensure that all of the old links still work, but we may have missed a few. A good place to start is each of our Product Home pages; TypePad, Movable Type, LiveJournal. For Six Apart corporate news we have a new About Us section. If that fails, please visit our contact page and drop us a line.
Q. Do my current XML Feeds still work?
A. All your subscriptions should work as-is if your syndication client handles redirects correctly. You can get XML feeds for Mena's Corner, Movable Type news, Everything TypePad and the Professional Network.
And the old Six Log feed now points to Six Apart News, a single feed encompassing all of our blogs in one feed. If you want to keep up-to-date on the full breadth of what we're working on, that's the best choice. (Weâ€™ll be adding in more LiveJournal news to the mix soon.)
Q. What if I have specific feedback on the new website?
A. Great â€“ we want to hear what you have to say. Trackback this post or drop us a line.